The rates of hotel rooms skyrocket during the time period of Wrangler National Final Rodeo which is primarily due to the expectation of heavy flow of rodeo fans to Las Vegas to enjoy the event to the full extent.
List of Sponsor Hotels:
Wrangler NFR is known to have a list of operating sponsor hotels that host NFR related events and provide special services to the people who choose to stay in their hotel during the series. The most popular of these hotels are:
- Bally’s Hotel
- Caesar’s Palace
- Downtown Grand Hotel and Casino
- Gold Coast Hotel and casino
- Gold Nugget Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- MGM Grand Hotel
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- The Orleans Hotel
- Harrah’s Hotel
- New York New York Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
- Planet Hollywood resort and casino
- Plaza Hotel, Casino and Bingo
- Rio’s Hotel
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
- Silverton Casino and Hotel
- South Point Hotel
- The Cosmopolitan
- The D hotel
- Treasure Island
- Tropicana Hotel
- Westgate Resort and Casino
Almost all of these hotels, along with other hotels in Las Vegas, are known to increase their room’s pricing to an almost double or triple extent due to the high demand during WNFR. In 2019, it is expected that approximately 100,000 people are going to attend the NFR that is being conducted from December 5 to December 14. This value is estimated by keeping in mind the 169,171 people that visited NFR in 2018. As per the renowned website Hotels.com, this is the reason why the rates of hotel rooms, whether they are present on the Las Vegas Strip or not, are expected to rise to an approximate triple rate of their original value during the dates of NFR event.
Pricing Range of Las Vegas Hotels:
According to a statistical analysis conducted on the basis of hotel room rates obtained from the website Hotels.com on October 21, the rise in pricing due to the increased demand is quite evident
- The price of a room in OYO hotel, located near the Las Vegas Strip, is increased to 135 USD on December 7th while its price on December 21st is just 29 USD.
- Harrah’s Hotel is demanding a rate of 155 USD on December 7th while its price is merely 39 USD on December 21st.
- MGM Grand Hotel has also fixed the room price of 288 USD on December 7th while during the normal days, it only charges 67 USD per night.
- South Point Hotel is also expected to surge its price rate during NFR. In 2018, South point charged 119 USD during the weekdays while 159 USD during the weekends on the NFR.
One would think that this sudden plummeting price will discourage people to hire a room from these hotels, but the case us just the opposite. Despite such high rates, all the 2,163 rooms of South City were sold rate during the event.
According to the general manager of OYO hotel, Tim Kuykendall, “Las Vegas is such a dynamic market that continues to grow. When we have major events in the city, the demand for rooms creates compression and drives room rates throughout the city.”
Wrangler National Final Rodeo attracts rodeo fans from all over the world. This final championship of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association has been one of the major events of Las Vegas since 1985. The outpour of tourists and visitors has been increasing with each passing year which has led to skyrocketing hotel room rates. Thus either the hotel is on the main Las Vegas strip or not, rodeo lovers must expect exceedingly high rates during the Wrangler National Final Rodeo.